Out in Schools Foundation
Out in Schools is a program that recognizes that media is a powerful tool for social change, as well as a marvelous teaching aid. The program uses film and video with facilitated group discussion to engage students across BC on issues of homophobia, transphobia and bullying. As an educational outreach initiative, Out in Schools seeks to raise awareness and advance the safety of learning environments for all youth. They open hearts and change minds. To learn more about Out in Schools, visit their website.
August 2nd, 2018 @ The Events Field on UBC Farm
Come and join us for a colourful evening of creativity, delicious food, awesome entertainment and to celebrate our vibrant community!
How it Works
- Each table row will represent one colour of the rainbow;
- After purchasing a table, you will be assigned a colour of the rainbow. You and your table guests will come dressed to match your assigned colour, along with some creative decor to add some flair!
- For your decor, bring a centrepiece to decorate your table top. Best decor wins a prize!
- Included in your ticket price will be a family style dinner for six, two bottles of bubbly, a bottle of rosé and two growlers of local beer;
- Fabulous entertainment and great prizes all evening long!
Interested in contributing to this event?
Reach out to us for more information on how you can get involved.
Inclusiveness and inspiring healthy communities.
Our main goal for this event is to support local charities, businesses and protecting neighbourhood communities by throwing dinner parties. Each dinner party will have a specific charity we will contribute towards by bringing together people to influence how important learning, inclusiveness and being social is in order to support healthy communities.
We have a goal to encourage creativity and will be setting up rows of tables colour coded to each colour of the rainbow, guest show up colour coordinated in their assigned colour and bring centrepieces to decorate the table tops. With a stunning overhead view that creates a picture perfect rainbow of attendees and demonstrates how everyone is different and unique and together create a colourful rainbow - over the years of successful dinner events the rainbow will grow, exposing how amazing a group of like minded people gathering can be for society and the world.
On sale June 1st, 2018.
Limited seats available!
THE RAINBOW DINNER • THURSDAY, AUGUST 2nd, 2018 • UBC FARM, 3461 ROSS DRIVE, VANCOUVER, BC